Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lemon Pie Failure

currently eating: organic white corn tortilla chips and garlic fresh salsa and the vegan pizza Zoe & I made.


I've been craving a vegan lemon tart/pie/bar lately. I thought it would be cute if I made mini pies in cupcake holders. And if I made them healthy, because I'm on a healthy spree. Well, yea...I improvised. I used a few different flours, brown rice syrup for the dough which tasted mediocre at best, and honey for the lemon filling with the wrong flour. Honey was a bad idea, let me tell you. I never thought I would say that before. On one of them I put a bottom layer of chocolate and bananas, which was a great idea except that the lemon aftertaste and honey sucked. Luckily, my cooking week has been a relative sucess, so this was my only real failure. So, let's just call today a "learning experience."


No comments:

Post a Comment