Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Morning Oatmeal

It only seems right that I should have a post dedicated to oatmeal. I eat it every morning I can, and I love it to death. I've experimented with various combinations. I first started with instant oatmeal. The kind that comes in a package. My first love was with nature's path hemp oatmeal and I'd add almond butter. Yum. Then, I upgraded to steel-cut oats. There was no turning back. Add I just kept adding and perfecting, thinking I was perfecting it, then adding more, and this is the present (delicious)result:

1 serving

*note: I do not measure anything, so these are rough estimates.

1/3 cup steel-cut oats
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp. rose water
1/2 tsp. allspice
dash of salt
1 tsp cinnamon (I just dunk it on until satisfied. I love my cinnamon)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/5 zucchini (sliced)

When everything is cooked, I add:
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 tsp. pumpkin butter/molasses/honey/maple syrup (aka my favorite sweetener. Lately pumpkin butter.

I want to add some cardamom, but I've had so many cardamom failures that I'm scared. I'll begin with a little at a time.

Add Harry Potter and you're set.

No comments:

Post a Comment